What is the Crash Course?
Step-by-step, this class guides people in finding a job if you are unemployed, anticipating a career transition, or unfulfilled in your present job. Sponsored by North Atlanta Crossroads, the Crash Course for Career Transition is based on the "7-Step Workbook" developed by Crossroads Career Network. Registration required.
When does the class meet?
The Crash Course includes an orientation session and 6 classes over 2 weeks. To benefit from the class, you need to attend ALL sessions. Each session will have a LIVE presenter and host as well as a chat monitor to attend to make sure questions are answered for our virtual attendees.
All times are Eastern Time Zone:
- Sept 16 Saturday 9:00 to 11:30 AM EDT Orientation and Introduction
- Sept 18 Monday 6:00 to 8:30 PM EDT Attitude-What Lies Ahead
- Sept 21 Thursday 6:00 to 8:30 PM EDT Aptitude-Discover/Develop Strengths
- Sept 23 Saturday 9:00 to 11:30 AM EDT Altitude-Your Brand/Resumes
- Sept 26 Tuesday 6:00 to 8:30 PM EDT Searching-Networking & Finding Jobs
- Sept 28 Thursday 6:00 to 8:30 PM EDT Sorting-Successful Interviewing
- Sept 30 Saturday 9:00 to 11:30 AM EDT Negotiating Offers/Using LinkedIn
- Building a positive attitude/recovering after job loss
- Discovering your gifts, passion and calling
- Writing resumes that get results
- Developing your own "brand"
- Methods for finding new opportunities
- Having engaging interviews
- Evaluating and negotiating offers
- Effectively using LinkedIn and Social Media
What is the cost?
Your $20 tuition includes all costs for the class (Workbooks and online assessment.) You will need a computer and the internet to participate.